SCROLL DOWN FOR FAQ'S
7 bedroom - 7.5 bath, sleeps 24 in beds but max of 12 adults
We personally designed our EIGHTH vacation home to be just PERFECT for you, carefully planning and maximizing entertainment and living space where you spend most of your time -- while minimizing wasted space. EVERY bedroom has its own TV, and its own private EN-SUITE bathroom. There are 6 King beds plus 6 sets of twin bunks (4 sets are sturdy built-ins) including a 500 sq ft bunk room on the top floor. with an additional lounge/TV area. Second and third floors open onto balcony with views of beach. Dual refrigerators and a modern gourmet kitchen with all the gadgets make cooking a breeze. Our modern, coastal, NO-FUSS feel completes the perfect atmosphere, for a perfect vacation!
Our main living room is an open plan, 43' X 17', overlooking the PRIVATE POOL area, with room for everyone. Shoot a game of pool at our Presidential POOL TABLE, or challenge your teenager at the SHUFFLEBOARD TABLE for some quality family time! Bring everyone together at two high-top gathering tables for meals, evening happy hour, or some board games or cards! Enjoy a 65" and 60'' TV on opposite ends of the living room and a SONOS streaming sound system. The kitchen is open to the living room and has a 9' X 5' center island with bar stools. This spacious open concept living room has two sets of french doors leading to the private pool and back patio, and is the heart of this home for maximum CHILL TIME!
WE PROVIDE so much fun and cost-saving equipment for your use!: FREE Beach service for 6 right at the water's edge (3 double set-ups), 6 more folding sand chairs, 2 rolling coolers, 12 beach towels, and a beach cart to carry supplies, plus TWO stand-up paddleboards and a beach kayak. We also provide 6 bikes.
With a beach access on each side of us - 150 steps to one and 200 steps to the other - you'll love our location directly across the street from one of the most stunning beaches in the United States!
Camille's and 790 (Inn at Crystal Beach's beach-side bistro) are each a half-block away. Destin Commons and DOZENS of restaurants plus shopping and the AMC 14 theaters are less than a half-mile away.
FAQs and DETAILS
- Where exactly is Chill Pill located? -- We are in the Crystal Beach area, directly south of the Mid-Bay bridge and Destin Commons, a half-block off Hutchinson Street. See the map here: MAP
- How far to the beach? -- We are directly across a one-way-each-way road to the beach. There is a beach access on each side of us - the closest one is 150 steps where we provide the beach chair set-ups (Hutchinson Street Beach Access across from Camille's restaurant); the other is 200 steps and next to the Inn at Crystal Beach and 790 restaurant. There is food/drinks readily available at each access.
- Does the new Florida law about beaches being private affect us if we book this house? -- NO - we have a PUBLIC beach access on each side of us. In addition, since we pay for chair service for 6, you will have a FRONT ROW spot right at the water's edge automatically - every day of your stay! Seasonal from March through October.
- Is the private pool heated? -- YES, for a small fee, you can heat the pool. We control the pool heat with an app on our phone so even if you're not sure you need pool heat prior to arrival, we can heat it same day and send you a payment link. Our standard pool heat is 85 degrees. If we have an extreme cold snap or heavy rains and low nightly temps in the 30's or below, there is no guarantee that we can keep the pool at 85 degrees. The pool lights also toggle different colors and pool has 3 fountains of which you can control height.
- How many does the house sleep and what's the bedding arrangement? -- We sleep 24 in beds with NO sleeper sofas, but like to max out at 12 adults. ALL BEDROOMS HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVATE, ATTACHED FULL BATHROOM. King bedroom #1, #2, #3, and #4 have single King bed; King bedrooms/Family Rooms #5 & #6 have a King bed PLUS a set of twin bunks; Bedroom #7 is a huge 34 X 17 bunkroom with 8 built-in twin beds, plus its own lounge area with 3 leather couches and a 65" TV - all with a balcony and views of the beach. It's convenient to have a SECOND lounge area for adults also.
- What about parking? -- We can fit up to 7 vehicles but that may depend on the size of each. If you have multiple SUVs, I would only plan on 5 max. No part of your vehicle can extend into the sidewalk and there is no street parking, per the HOA rules. They are very strict about parking and WILL TOW YOU if you don't follow the HOA rules, which are attached to the welcome packet on the kitchen counter when you arrive.
- What is in the kitchen or do we need to bring our own kitchen items? -- Just bring your groceries! Our kitchen is outfitted just like yours at home with everything you'll need for a gourmet meal. We have a 6-burner gas cooktop with pot filler; microwave and oven; under-counter ice machine with scoop attached to inside; trash compactor; dishwasher; fridge plus 2nd fridge in laundry room; (2) crock pots; Kitchen-Aid ice-crushing blender; waffle-maker; 4-slot toaster; two different types of coffee makers - Keurig plus a Braun Brew Station; hand mixer; all dishes, glasses, tupperware, cookware including two large boiling pots and non-stick for stovetop, and bakeware, and serveware. We also have basic spices.
- What about paper towels and toilet paper? -- We provide a generous amount of starter supplies but you will probably need more of the disposable items if you are staying an entire week or longer. Starter supplies include: All bath towels and linens; All kitchen gadgets and basic spices; a pump soap at each sink; a roll of toilet paper for each bathroom (8 total); a roll of paper towels; electric dishwasher detergent; dish soap such as Dawn; trash compactor bags; garbage bags for the recycling container; enough laundry detergent for 4 - 5 loads; 2 Cans of Shuffleboard wax - let me know if you run out; extra propane tank for grill is in the shed but PLEASE let me know if you run out so I can get them refilled.
- Is there chair service on the beach? -- One of the highlights of our house is the extensive amount of beach equipment we are providing. WE PROVIDE: Complimentary beach chair service for 6 right at the water's edge (3 double set-ups with umbrellas); 6 bikes (3 red/3 black) and 3 bike locks; Beach kayak and double-ended paddle; TWO Stand-Up-Paddleboards with single-ended paddle and carrying shoulder strap; 2 rolling coolers; Rolling beach cart; 6 folding sand chairs; 12 beach towels (wash and dry the night before departure). Additional chair service can be purchased but just remember we provide 6 additional folding sand chairs which should help save you money.
- How does the payment and security deposit work? -- We require two payments but installment payments are fine with us too. The first payment is due upon booking and is a down payment that applies to your total due, usually around 20% (negotiable). The second is the final payment and is due 60 days prior to check-in date. The TOTAL DUE includes a $1,000 REFUNDABLE but additional security deposit. For shorter, off-season stays, I may reduce the amount of the refundable security deposit. --The first payment must be by CREDIT CARD. Subsequent payments may be by CC, personal check, or ECheck. We can split payments however needed if you'd like to pay on multiple cards, or by multiple payment methods.
- When will my refundable security deposit be refunded? -- Within 5 days from departure date but usually sooner. You will be notified in writing if there are any funds being deducted from your original refundable deposit amount, including for late check out or excessive cleaning fees.
- What time is CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT? -- Check-in is at 4pm and check-out is at 10am sharp. This is a large house with extensive cleaning needs so there will be $200 deducted from your refundable security deposit for EVERY HOUR you are late checking out, pro-rated by quarter-hour increments.
- What if we arrive early? -- You are more than welcome to use our private pool, retrieve the beach supplies from the shed, and/or head to the beach while the cleaning crew finishes. You must leave room for the cleaning crew to park and not block them in; you may not enter the house until 4pm unless I have notified you IN WRITING that the house is ready early.
- Can we have a late check-out? Your check-out time will be determined on a case-by-case basis and late check-out is only considered during off-season when it is NOT a same-day turn. If you are staying non-peak times other than Spring Break and Summer, just send me an email and we can discuss.
- Are there grocery stores and shopping nearby? -- Within a half-mile you'll find the DESTIN COMMONS, which has 70+ stores plus over a dozen restaurants, plus Starbucks/ ice cream and sweets shops. There is also an AMC theater with 14 screens. For groceries, you'll appreciate having a Publix and Whole Foods within a half-mile, plus a Fresh Market about a mile away, then the Super Walmart is exactly 2 miles. Everything at your fingertips! Silver Sands outlet mall is 5 miles east. You can walk to dozens of restaurants from our house, or use the bikes!
- What if I need to cancel? -- We do not issue any refunds for cancellations made fewer than 60 days prior to your arrival date, by midnight central time latest. If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us IN WRITING immediately and make sure you receive a reply confirming it from me. ALL cancellations will incur an administrative fee of between 5 - 10% depending on season of rental, and based on total rental charges. If you purchased the Vacation Rental Insurance through HomeAway/VRBO or on my professional reservation system, contact that company to begin your claim. For questions concerning the travel insurance or to make a claim due to a cancellation, please call the travel insurance company directly. There are NO WEATHER REFUNDS as weather is out of our control. We highly encourage you to purchase the travel insurance we offer - or you can purchase at www.insuremytrip.com/.