Where are you located?
8070 E Via Del Arbor in the Santa Fe I neighborhood. Only about a block from the North Hayden and McCormick Way intersection. Quick access to the 101, plus a 5-minute walk to Starbucks, Walgreens, The Vig, and the new The Grove (pending completion) and 100 steps to the Hayden Greenbelt! About 20 minutes from the PHX airport. MAP LINK
What is the bedding layout?
Master = King with private dual-sink bathroom and walk-in closet plus sitting room; 6-foot walk-in shower
Second = King with shared bathroom with tub/shower combo
Third = King PLUS set of twin bunks and shares bathroom with second bedroom
What about parking?
We can accept a max of 2 vehicles. One gets a spot in our garage and the second car can park anywhere on the sizable driveway. This neighborhood does not allow parking on the street and they will TOW YOU, so please only park in our garage or driveway.
What do you provide?
- a fully furnished kitchen with all the gadgets and dishes you'll need, and our spice cabinet is full; just bring your groceries. We have a Keurig AND a regular coffee maker; toaster; ice-crushing blender; microwave; wine fridge.
- all 450+ thread count linens/bedding and plenty of bath towels
- starter supplies of paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, a hand soap at each sink, liquid AND electric dishwashing soap, and some laundry detergent; please don't deplete the laundry detergent as the cleaning crew furnishes it and expects to use it when they get to house to do laundry upon your departure.
- a pool bag with 4 pool towels
- a pack-n-play and a high chair
- 4 bikes to enjoy the greenbelt and local restaurants
- propane for the gas grill and the gas firepit; we will reimburse you if you have to trade out a tank at the Shell station which is 2 blocks away.
What about Wi-Fi, TVs and electronics?
-There is a 60" flat panel in the main living room and master bedroom, plus TVs in both 2nd and 3rd bedroom. EVERY TV has Dish satellite service.
-Fast Wi-Fi and password is provided both in the house welcome letter, and in your check-in details.
-SONOS wi-fi speakers that really fill a room! You'll download the free app to your smart phone, tablet, or computer and stream wirelessly from anywhere around the world, from Pandora or Spotify, or your own music library.
Where do we check in?
Easy breezy! After final payment and about 2 weeks prior to your stay, you'll receive an "ACCESS" email. Just take these check-in instructions with you and go right to the door. You'll be provided an electronic code that is unique to the dates of your stay - NO KEYS to keep up with and very secure since each guest gets their own private code.
What time can I check in and need to check out?
CHECK IN: 4pm
CHECK OUT: 10am
During non-peak seasons, I can frequently extend these hours but your request must be approved in writing IN ADVANCE so that I can turn off the alarm before arrival and/or reschedule the cleaning crew after later departure. Please be prompt with departure time or it may inconvenience the next guest.
Is there a pool and hot tub?
Our community pool (heated in winter) and hot tub, plus a small fitness center, are 300 steps from our house. We provide 4 pool towels and the key to the pool center is on a lanyard attached to the pool bag.
What's close by to do?
Here is a starter list:
- Spring Training baseball fields are just minutes away from us and a popular draw for visitors. Dates vary each year: www.experiencescottsdale.com/event/spring-training-2019/360979/
- Scottsdale Greenbelt - 100 steps out our front door, connects 11 miles of trails along the golf courses and lakes. Views of Camelback Mountain most of the way!
- OdySea Aquarium - 2.2 miles
- Butterfly Garden - 2.3 miles
- Talking Stick Resort, Casino, and Golf Club (2 courses) - 3 miles
- Downtown Scottsdale and Old Town - 4+ miles depending on destination
- Scottsdale Stadium (San Francisco Giants Spring Training) - 4.9 miles
- Hike Camelback Mountain for incredible views of the valley (challenging!): https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/arizona/camelback-mountain-trail; Cholla Trailhead - 5 miles; Echo Canyon Trailhead at the Recreation area - 6 miles
- Several Golf Courses very close to house (four within 10 minutes or less):
- Desert Botanical Garden - 8 miles
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s House with Tours, Taliesen West - 8 miles
- Musical Instrument Museum is the #1 rated thing to do in Phoenix by TripAdvisor reviews; even those who don’t like museums LOVE this one for its unique displays and audio tour with great acoustics; over 6500 instruments on display from around the world: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g3Musical_Instrument_Museum-Phoenix_Arizona.html
- Sedona - great day trip for hiking, spa, and incredible views - 119 miles
- Arizona Rafting by Wilderness Aware - 126 miles to the put-in point for half or full-day white-water rafting trips from early March to Mid-May and depends on snowpack melt: https://saltriverraftingarizona.com/white-water-rafting/